The best way to reduce the risk of dental disease is to practise adequate home care. This can include:
- Brushing teeth with a pet safe toothpaste daily (do not use human toothpaste)
- Giving your pet enzymatic chews, dental toys and teeth cleaning biscuits
- Feed your pet special dental diets
- Offer raw bones on occasion
- Check their teeth regularly for build-up
Taking good care of your pet’s teeth can reduce the need for dental cleans and even surgery. Clean teeth and healthy gums can help your pet’s health and well-being. A professional dental clean involves a thorough investigation. Anti-inflammatories and antibiotics may be recommended. Extractions may also be required. Our vets will also discuss preventative measures to prevent future dental problems.
If you have any questions or need to have your pet’s teeth assessed, drop by, our clinic has walk in appointments.